THE ONLY 100% NATURAL WATER FILTER IN SOUTH AFRICA TO PURIFY AND MINERALISE
All it takes is four simple steps to enjoy the many benefits that KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal has to offer:
Remove the KURO-Bō stick from its compostable corn starch bag and boil it in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes. Then allow it to cool.
TIP: Recycle the packaging, but keep the activation schedule handy!
Once the KURO-Bō stick has cooled, fill your container (or one of our unique, 100% recycled glass KURO-Bō carafes ) with up to two litres of tap water. Insert the single KURO-Bō stick and wait for the natural purifying process to begin. There is no need to remove the stick at any stage, just top up your water as needed (for greater volumes of water, simply add additional KURO-Bō sticks.)
While the KURO-Bō stick does begin to work immediately, for best results, allow it to rest for at least 6 – 8 hours, or overnight, either at room temperature or in the fridge.
TIP: You can also drop a stick or two of KURO-Bō into the water dispenser of your fridge for ice-cold purified water on tap!
After one month of daily use, simply boil your KURO-Bō stick for 10 minutes, again allow it to cool, and reuse as before.
TIP: If at any stage during this time, you feel your filtered water does not taste as clean and as fresh as it should, simply boil again for 5 minutes to open the pores once more, then allow to cool and reuse.
After two months of daily use*, reactivate your KURO-Bō stick again, allow it to cool and reuse as before. Once filtered, if your water still tastes clean and fresh, continue to reuse your KURO-Bō stick. If not, simply recycle your KURO-Bō stick in a number of innovative and environmentally friendly ways.
TIP: Remember to purchase a new KURO-Bō stick online at www.kuro-bo.com.
*The lifetime of each KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal stick depends on the water quality and daily volumes of water being purified.
Time to recycle your KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal stick? Here are some simple – and eco-friendly – ideas…
- Dehumidify your bathroom
- Use it as a beautiful and organic air purifier
- Keep it in your fridge or cupboards to keep them odour free
- Break the stick up and put into your pet litter tray to remove odours
- Add it to your aquarium to neutralise the pH of the water
- Put it in your vegetable drawer to keep your veggies fresher for longer, or put into the fruit bowl to keep fruit from ripening too soon
- Keep flowers fresher for longer
- Break up your stick and bury it in your garden to balance the pH and remineralise your soil
- Burn it on your braai
- Use it in your bath for some well-deserved pampering (the charcoal mineralise, removes impurities from the water, and stimulates blood flow)
- Deflect/absorb electromagnetic and radio waves from computers, mobile phones and even microwaves in your home or at work
- Use it as an unique and original décor piece
REMEMBER: Keep track of your KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal stick’s life span with the handy schedule enclosed!