KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal has undergone rigorous scientific testing*, affirming its successful capacity for:
- toxin, chemical and bacterial adsorption and removal from contaminated water
- balancing an acidic pH of spiked water
- enriching tap water with beneficial essential minerals
*Performed by A.L. Abbot & Associates, SANAS-accredited specialists in Water Treatment – Reg. No. 82/04379/07
The rapid heating and cooling of the carbonisation process, and the resulting enlargement of the hardwood’s million’s internal pores, is what enables the KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal to adsorb toxins:
- At a microscopic level, it attracts the positively-charged toxins and metals (chlorine, mercury and lead) and then attaches those toxins onto itself, thereby removing the harmful elements from the water
- Adsorption is what makes ordinary, municipal-treated tap water taste so much cleaner and more delicious
- A single gram of activated charcoal can have a surface area of up to 1500m2 – essentially 6 times the surface area of a tennis court – which is why it can so efficiently adsorb as many toxins as it does!
- Each KURO-Bō Stick or pack of Kōins reaches a saturation point at about 3-6 months of daily use.
- Keep the pores open and surface area maximised for optimal toxin adsorption maximised
- Do not allow adsorbed toxins and impurities back into the water, nor when it is recycled as a biochar