Just four simple steps, identical for both KURO-Bō Sticks and Kōins, will transform your toxin-trapped tap water into pure, toxin-free, pH balanced, mineral-rich water – described by one little fan as ‘loving water’!
STEP 1: Remove KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins from the compostable corn starch bag. Boil in a shallow pan of tap water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Keep the Activation Schedule aside – but recycle the packaging
STEP 2: Fill your container or bottle with up to 3 litres of tap water for Sticks, and up to 1 litre for Kōins. Add the cooled KURO-Bō Charcoal to the water.
- Whilst the natural purifying process begins immediately, wait 6 – 8 hours (Sticks) or 2+ hours (Kōins) for the best results
- More than 3 litres? Simply add one KURO-Bō Stick for every 3 litres
- There is no need to remove the Stick or Kōins through the month; all you need to do is top up the water!
- For water-dispensing fridges, KURO-Bō Sticks in the tank will give you purified water on tap!
STEP 3: Reactivating, Repurpose & Repurchase
- After 1 month of daily use, boil your KURO-Bō Stick or Kōins for 10 minutes, allow to cool, and pop straight back into your water container
- After the 2nd month, reactivate your KURO-Bō and reuse as before.
- At this stage, repurchase KURO-Bō Sticks online or in-store so you don’t run out!
- After 3 months, remove your KURO-Bō Sticks and reinvent them!
REINVENT OR RECYCLE
Be inspired by these creative and earth-kind ideas:
- Dehumidify bathrooms
- Use it as a uniquely eye-catching, organic air-purifier
- Keep your fridge odour-free
- Reduce odours and dampness in cupboards
- Break the Stick up and scatter across your pet’s litter tray to remove odours and moisture
- Neutralise the pH of your aquarium’s water (and add a Japanese decorative edge!)
- Place in veggie drawer to keep your vegetables fresher for longer
- Prevent fruit from ripening too fast by adding a Stick to your fruit bowl
- Keep flowers blooming for longer
- Break up your charcoal and dig into your garden soil to balance its pH and remineralise it
- Burn it on your braai!
- Use it in your bath: the charcoal mineralise, removes impurities from the water and stimulates blood flow
- Deflect/absorb electromagnetic and radio waves from computers, mobile phones and even microwaves in your home or at work
- Display it as a decor collection of organic objets d’ arts
- String up Sticks and or Koins in the garden or window-frames for a delicately tinkling, Japanese-inspired wind-chime
- Line up a collection of Sticks from longest to shortest for a wonderfully unusual xylophone like the Japanese tankin